The Redemptorists are a religious congregation of priests and brothers within the Catholic Church who live in community for the sake of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially among people on the margins of society and church.
Founded in southern Italy in 1732 by St Alphonsus Liguori, Redemptorists are in a majority of countries across the world. Most of our members belong to the Roman Church (Rite), but we have members also in other Churches (Rites) who are in communion with the Holy See.
Our full name is The Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer – in Latin Congregatio Sanctissimi Redemptoris from which come the letters CSsR
The Redemptorist world is divided into five Conferences:
- Conference of Redemptorists of Asia and Oceania
- Conference of Redemptorists of Africa and Madagascar
- Conference of Redemptorists of Europe
- Conference of Redemptorists of Latin America and the Caribbean
- Conference of Redemptorists of North America