A day to remember in the history of the Province of Bangalore is January 5th 1939. On that day the three founders of the Province landed by boat in Colombo, Sri Lanka. They were from the Dublin (Irish) Province and by stepping onto the shores opened a new chapter in the history of the Redemptorists in Asia.
Through hard work and perseverance, in 1943 a novitiate was opened in Bangalore, with the Redemptorist mission being constituted as a Vice-Province in 1945. In 1972, the Vice-Province became the Province of Bangalore.
In a time where Redemptorists around the world were taking the courageous steps to be responsible for new mission fields, The Province of Bangalore took a momentous initiative in 1990 by establishing a Redemptorist presence in Kenya, Africa.